ONGC Videsh discovers oil in Colombia

ONGC Videsh (OVL), the abroad arm of Oil and Pure Gasoline Company (ONGC), has made an oil discovery within the lately drilled properly Urraca-IX, in CPO-5 block, Llanos Basin, Colombia.

The block was awarded to OVL within the 2008 bid spherical of Colombia. OVL holds 70% taking part curiosity within the block together with operatorship. The remaining 30% stake within the block is held by its companion Geopark.

“Throughout preliminary testing with electrical submersible pump (ESP), fluid flowed on the fee of approx. 600 barrel/day. Oil discovery within the Decrease Mirador play on this properly opens up new areas for additional exploration within the northern a part of the block,”the federal government stated in an announcement.

OVL had earlier found business oil within the Decrease Sand pay in Mariposa and Indico fields within the block in 2017 and 2018 respectively, that are presently commercially producing round 20,000 barrels of oil every day.

With three different exploratory blocks within the nation and joint possession of the oil producing firm Mansarovar Vitality Colombia (MECL), OVL has a major presence in Colombia’s oil and fuel sector.

The newest discovery will additional improve its presence within the African nation.

OVL now has stake in 35 oil and fuel tasks in 15 nations. Of those, it produces oil & fuel from 14 property, hydrocarbons have been found in 4 property, and exploration is at varied levels in 14 property whereas three tasks are within the pipeline.

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)
{if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};
if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;
n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,’script’,
‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);
fbq(‘init’, ‘444470064056909’);
fbq(‘track’, ‘PageView’);


Supply hyperlink

About Choosebeats

Check Also

Council approves GST rate hikes

Council approves GST charge hikes

The Items and Companies Tax (GST) Council on Tuesday determined to take away a bunch …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.